Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Learning to Walk.....Away!
- ©GC Diaries

The hardest thing in life can be walking away.

For most part of our life, most of us were taught how to hold on.

Not quiting and never giving up have been preached as a virtue of heroic proportions.

Stories have been told of men who stopped digging one shovel away from the gold.
Yet none of many who stopped, where it never was.

Monuments have been built,
Of men and women who did not give up.

In the process, creating a generation so determined to reach the finishing line, even that of a wrong race.

Optimum performance can only be realised when we know what to do and what not to do.

Efficiency kicks in when we start doing what we need to do better than before and stop doing things we should not be doing.

I am not saying quiting is always good;
I am saying, under certain circumstances, it can be a good an option.

When you must, do it with conviction and pride.

I shy away from negativity,
Although I try to change those which I must.

I walk away from relationships and associations;
Those that intoxicate my enthusiasm about life.

I avoid unnecessary confrontation;
Especially those serving to stroke someone's ego.

Not every race is worthy winning.
The ones I must win, I run to win.
The one I shouldn't win, I stop running.

Not every fight is worthy getting into.
The ones I must fight, I never leave the ring.
The ones I shouldn't fight, I stop fighting.

Not every conversation is worthy continuing.
The ones I must have, I engage.
The ones I shouldn't have, I disengage.

Not every dream is perpetually valid.
While valid, I pursue.
Upon expiry, I dream anew and change course.

Be bold, walk away....if you must!

Truth be told,
You may walk away where you must hold on.
Over time, your judgement will get better.

Quitting is a skill we need to learn;
Walking away can be a good option.

©GC Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment